De Passiebloem – English

De Passiebloem (passionflower)

In 1775/1776, De Passiebloem oil mill on the Nieuwe Vecht was built by millwright Derk van Dam on behalf of Jeremias Frederik Abresch and Jan A. Ledeboer.

At the end of the 18th century, the De Hoop, De Fortuin and Aloe mills stood on the west side of the Nieuwe Vecht, and the Passiebloem and Roode Molen mills on the east side. Now only the Passion Flower remains of this oldest industrial area.

Oliemolens.nl - Oliemolen De Passiebloem - Zwolle

Preface and reference

The Passionflower is a thatched wooden octagon on a barn. In the barn you will find the oil factory, the wood store, a workshop and a small shop. The oil factory has a reference and a reference, both of which are still used. There is also a working model of an oil butcher’s shop. The original oil cellars have been preserved under the barn. In the past, the oil was stored here until the selling price was right.

The restoration

In 1932, the municipality of Zwolle purchased the land on which De Passiebloem stood and had the mill restored by unemployed people. The restoration was completed in 1937. The mill was then rented (again) to N.V. Reinders oil and feed factories.

The mill was restored in 1985 and continued to operate for the prince until October 1998. Since then, oil has been mined on a regular basis again by a group of enthusiastic volunteers. In connection with the wishes of a large customer of line cakes, the mill recently also has a cake crusher, currently only powered by manual power.

Informatie

Address
Vondelkade 175
8023AD Zwolle
The Netherlands

Website
De Passiebloem